I grew up making these cookies for Halloween every year with my mom. They became a staple in our house for the season and were always something we looked forward to just as much as our Trick or Treat candy. So as you can imagine, it is such a treat for me to continue the tradition with my girls.
These little spiders are so quick and easy to make. They just have three ingrediants but don’t let that fact fool you; they bring the flavor. Which is why they are still one of my all time favorite cookies.
I usually leave them bare but this year I let Rose add candy eyes. The eyes sure give them some personality. They are so fun to look at but even more fun to eat. Enjoy!
- 1 11 oz. Bag of Butterscotch Morsels
- 1 11 oz. Bag of Chocolate Morsels
- 1 12 oz. Bag of Chow Mein Noodles
- Candy Eyes*
- Combine both bags of morsels into a large pot.
- Heat the pot of morsels on stove at a very low temperature.
- Stir while chocolate mixture is melting (be careful not to overwork it).
- Add in the Chow Mein noodles and stir to coat them completely with chocolate mixture.
- Once coated; drop small handfuls (about two inches thick) onto parchment paper.
- Place the candy eyes on cookies before chocolate cools.
- Allow cookies to set, then enjoy!